Our new Advisory Services at ARTG will help you achieve success.
Internships are defined as: “a form of workplace experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional/ work setting”. Internships give students and graduates the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in occupational fields they are considering for career paths. At the same time they give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.
DID YOU KNOW?
An internship program is an excellent strategy for investing in your organisation’s future successes, transformation and human resource development plans and often leads to discovering of future colleagues and leaders.
How do employers benefit from an Internship Program?
By opening your organisation as a place of learning to students and graduates needing work experience as a host employer offering internship programmes you will:
- Illustrate your commitment to skills development and job creation for unemployed youth
- Create an opportunity to develop your own workforce allowing for assessment of interns as potential employees
- Actively drive transformation and skills development
- Create awareness of the industry and position yourself as an employer of choice for future employees
- Establish strategic partnerships with Universities and TVET colleges and an opportunity to provide feedback regarding relevancy of the academic programs to the needs of business and industry whilst increasing visibility on campus
- Increase your B-BBEE Skills Development spent and improve your overall scorecard
- Be eligible to access funding available for internships for example via the SETAs, the National Skills Fund, the Jobs Fund, etc.
- Contribute to establishment of a readily employable skills pool
The rise in global competition for a talented and innovative workforce brings opportunities for South African businesses to gain a competitive edge. Hosting an internship program is an impactful strategy for investing in your business’s future successes. Internship programs provide the answers to some of businesses’ most challenging issues including increasing transformation, B-BBEE and other regulatory compliance, labour costs and limited supply of scarce skills. Developing and managing an internship program is not as time-consuming or difficult as you may think with deployment of the ARTG Internship Support Programme.
ARTG takes great pride in nurturing the up‐and‐coming stars of tomorrow. We offer you a hands‐on innovative internship support program to help support your organisation’s business, transformation and human resource development strategy.
DID YOU KNOW?
A tiered approach is needed depending on the skills development requirements for each experiential learning.
Graduates requiring workplace experience to increase employability and gain an understanding of workplace/occupational competency requirements.
Students requiring placement at a host employer to meet curriculum requirements for Work Integrated Learning and practical experience in order to graduate.
Graduates requiring work experience in order to meet competency/ licensing requirements required for certain professional designations to allow registration to practice.
Graduates of SETA learnerships at NQF Level 3 to 5 requiring on-the-job learning in order to achieve specific occupational competence and school leavers seeking work experience to increase employability.
ARTG END TO END SOLUTION
DID YOU KNOW?
By being a host employer for an internship programme, you are providing South African unemployed youth with a “real work opportunity” to practice the skills and to apply the knowledge they have learned in the classroom.